Prep Time : 5 Minutes
Cooking Time : 15-20 Minutes
Serves : 8 people
Journey to Italy with a crunchy Garlic Crostini, a beloved appetiser that embodies the essence of Italian culture with its main ingredients: zingy garlic and ciabatta. These toasted baguette slices, slathered with garlic and drizzled with extra-virgin olive oil, speak of the simplicity and passion of Italian culinary traditions. Savour the taste of la dolce vita, where every meal is a celebration and an adventure through time-honoured flavours.
- 15-18 garlic cloves, peeled
- Olive oil, to drizzle
- Salt, to taste
- Crushed black pepper, to taste
- 300 grams Sorrentina Whole Wheat Ciabatta Bread
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Place the garlic cloves on a sheet of silver foil, drizzle them with olive oil and season them with salt and pepper. Wrap the foil and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Cut the Sorrentina Whole Wheat Ciabatta Bread into slices, approximately ¼ to ⅓ inch thick, and place them on a baking tray (You can also cut the bread horizontally first and then into slices).
- Drizzle olive oil on both sides of the bread slices. Toast until they turn golden brown on either side; this should take approximately 3-4 minutes, so be cautious. Flip the slices and toast the other side as well.
- Remove the garlic from the oven and transfer it to a bowl. Lightly mash it with a fork and apply it to the toasted bread pieces.
- Serve with piping hot soup.
Also Read - Wild Mushroom Crostini
Shop these Italian pantry staples at your nearest gourmet grocery store or order them online via Swiggy or Zomato. For more updates on all things Italian, follow @sorrentina_honestlyitalian on Instagram