Wild Mushroom Crostini
Prep Time : 5-10 Minutes
Cooking Time : 15-20 Minutes
Serves : 4 people
A classic Italian appetiser that showcases the beautiful variety of mushrooms that Italy is famous for, a Wild Mushroom Crostini is sure to take you to Italian food heaven with each bite. Made by topping bite sized crostini or baguette slices with a herby, umami mixture of wild mushrooms and herbs, this one gets ready in a jiffy and is quite the favourite for family get-togethers and brunches in Italy. A drizzle of quality olive oil and sprinkle of cheese complete this rustic masterpiece, perfect to add a touch of Italy to your meals.
- 1 p. Sorrentina Herbed Crostini
- 20 gms. button mushrooms
- 15 gms. shiitake mushrooms
- 15 gms. Chanterelle mushrooms
- 4-5 pcs. walnuts
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. chopped garlic
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2-3 fresh thyme sprigs
- Salt to taste
- Crushed black peppercorns to taste
- 30 grams ricotta cheese
- 1 tbsp Parmesan Cheese
- Fresh Arugula leaves for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- To prep the mixture for the topping, chop the mushrooms and crush the walnuts.
- Heat olive oil in a pan. Add garlic and sauté for 30 seconds. Add onion and sauté until translucent.
- Add the chopped mushrooms and sauté for 1 minute on high heat. Add thyme, salt and crushed peppercorns, mix and cook till mushrooms are golden brown. Add walnuts and mix well.
- Spread ricotta cheese on the toasted Herbed Crostini and place a portion of the mushroom mixture on top. Sprinkle some parmesan cheese and bake in a preheated oven for 3-4 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh arugula and serve.
Shop these Italian pantry staples at your nearest gourmet grocery store or order them online via Swiggy or Zomato. For more updates on all things Italian, follow @sorrentina_honestlyitalian on Instagram