Spaghetti Aglio E Olio
DID YOU KNOW
When literally translated, Spaghetti Aglio e Olio means "spaghetti with garlic and oil." This classic and simple pasta from the southern region of Italy is enjoyed for its intense garlicky flavours balanced with the earthy flavours of Olive oil. Even though it is made with just a few ingredients, it packs a wholesome punch making it an Italian classic. Tossing up a classic Aglio e Olio Spaghetti is easy, making it perfect for a quick and easy weeknight dinner, or to impress guests at a dinner party. Try it with Sorrentina’s Spaghetti Originale pasta along with Sorrentina’s Aglio Olio Peperoncino Dip for an authentic and Honestly Italian experience.
- 5-6 cups water
- Salt, to season
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 200 gms Sorrentina Spaghetti Originale pasta
- 100 gms Sorrentina Aglio Olio Peperoncino Dip
- A handful fresh basil leaves
- 50 gms parmesan cheese powder
- 1 packet Sorrentina Pesto Crostini
- Start by blanching the Spaghetti pasta in a pot of well-seasoned water. (please follow the instructions printed on the pack). Make sure you reserve some of the pasta water for the sauce
- Add Aglio Olio Peperoncino dip to a pan and heat it, add ½ cup of the reserved pasta water and cook for a minute
- Add the blanched pasta to the pan and toss well
- Add torn basil leaves and parmesan cheese powder to the pasta and mix well. Adjust seasoning based on your taste
- Serve hot garnished with parmesan cheese powder and Pesto Crostini.