Panna Cotta with Berry Compote
Indulge in the romance of Italian cuisine with a handcrafted panna cotta, a dessert that whispers love and tradition in each spoon. This creamy, decadent delight, a favourite of Italian Nonnas, is an artful blend of silky vanilla-infused cream served with a delicate berry coulis. A classic Panna Cotta is the perfect dessert to experience the essence of Italy's culinary passion. Savour the love and craftsmanship in every bite with this symphony of flavours.
- 2 cups cream
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup castor sugar
- 1 tbsp unflavoured gelatine/agar agar
- 4-5 fresh berries for compote
- Maple syrup
- Start by heating cream, milk and sugar in a deep non-stick pan. Transfer it into a bowl and set aside to cool down to room temperature.
- Bloom the gelatine or agar agar in 4 tbsps. hot water.
- Meanwhile, for the berry compote, start simmering all the fresh berries and maple syrup in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Keep stirring until the berries release their juices and mix well with the maple syrup.
- Add the bloomed gelatin to the cream-milk mixture and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into 8 moulds and refrigerate for 3-4 hours or till set.
- Demould and serve chilled with a fresh berry compote.
Also Read: Penne Arrabbiata