Fettucine Pesto Pasta
DID YOU KNOW
Fettuccine Alla Pesto Genovese is a Genovese tradition. Referred to as ‘The Land of Pesto’, Genova is renowned for serving up heart-warming plates of this delicious pasta. A delightful mix of pesto sauce, cheese and of course, garlic, our recipe for this Italian special is easy to cook and tastes just as good as it looks.
- Bring a large vessel of water to a boil and add the pasta to be blanched. Let it blanch for a minute, ensuring that the pasta does not stick to the base
- Heat olive oil in a pan and add in chopped garlic. Let it caramelize
- Add the stock and the sundried tomatoes and season with salt (Add chili flakes if required)
- Add cream to the stock and let it emulsify
- Add 100gms of Sorrentina’s Sunflower Seed Pesto to the emulsion and whisk it. Next, add in the sundried tomatoes
- Now, add the pasta from the boiling water and let it cook. (Note: fettucine will take longer to cook than spaghetti, owing to its thickness)
- Once the pasta is cooked and the sauce turns thick, add the parmesan cheese and toss well
- Garnish with tinned artichokes, which will also provide a burst of acidity and texture.
*NOTE – Adding 2gms of truffle oil to the sauce can beautifully elevate the dish