Prep Time : 25-30 Minutes
Cooking Time : 25-30 Minutes
Serves : 2 people
Indulge in the creamy magnificence of Penne Alfredo, a classic Italian comfort dish that embodies the Italian motto of life, “la dolce vita”. In this heavenly creation, perfectly cooked penne pasta marries the velvety, rich Alfredo sauce, honouring the Italian tradition of savouring every bite. The luscious combination is a testament to the Italian love for simple, yet exquisite flavours. Just imagine sipping a glass of Chianti, surrounded by friends and family, while savouring this masterpiece.
- 200 gms. Sorrentina Penne Rigate pasta
- 5-6 cups of water
- Salt, to season
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup salted butter
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1½ cups heavy cream
- Crushed black peppercorns, to season
- 50gms. parmesan cheese + for garnish
- 2 tsp. Pizza and Pasta Seasoning
- 4-5 fresh basil leaves
- Sorrentina ‘Duo of Italian Garlic Bread’ for serving
- To blanch Penne Rigate pasta, heat 5-6 cups of water along with salt and olive oil (please follow the instructions printed on the pack). Make sure to reserve some of the pasta water for the sauce.
- Heat butter in a pan. Add garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes. Then, add heavy cream, ½ cup of pasta water, salt and pepper. Mix and cook for 1-2 minutes or until the sauce thickens over low heat.
- Add blanched pasta, mix well and cook for 1 minute. Then, add parmesan cheese, Pizza and Pasta Seasoning and hand-torn basil leaves.
- Place the pasta in a serving bowl and garnish it with parmesan cheese.
- Serve it hot with Duo of Italian Garlic Bread.
Also Read - Penne Arrabiata
Shop these Italian pantry staples at your nearest gourmet grocery store or order them online via Swiggy or Zomato. For more updates on all things Italian, follow @sorrentina_honestlyitalian on Instagram