Roman-style Focaccia Pizza
Prep Time : 8 Hours
Cooking Time : 15-20 Minutes
Serves : 6 people
Focaccia Pizza is a culinary marvel that perfectly reflects the essence of Italy. This mouth-watering creation merges two beloved Italian classics - focaccia and pizza. Savour the rustic, olive oil-kissed crust topped with colours of Italy and you'll be transported to a cosy Italian trattoria where you are creating golden memories with your loved ones. Embrace the Italian way of life through this delizioso recipe.
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour + for dusting
- 1½ tsps salt
- ¾ tsp instant or active dry yeast
- ¾ cup lukewarm water
- 3 tbsps extra-virgin olive oil + for drizzling
- 1 p. Sorrentina All Purpose Tomato Sauce
- 200 grams mozzarella cheese
- 200 grams ricotta cheese
- Pizza and Pasta Seasoning, as required
- 6-8 large fresh basil leaves
- Sieve flour and salt in a bowl, add yeast and mix well. Add water and oil, knead to a soft dough.
- Cover it with a plastic wrap and set aside in a warm place to rise for 2 hours.
- Then refrigerate the dough for 24 hours.
- After a day, grease a baking tray with olive oil. Transfer the refrigerated dough to the baking tray and drizzle some more oil on it.
- Gently spread the dough with your fingers (maintain the thickness of 1 inch). Cover the tray with a plastic wrap and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Once the dough has risen, try and stretch it more. Cover again and let it rest for about 25 minutes or until puffed and slightly risen. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Once the dough has risen, with the help of your fingertips lightly press the dough.
- Grate mozzarella cheese on top (leave ½ inch border around the edges), then scoop up the All-purpose Tomato Sauce and lather evenly.
- Grate the remaining mozzarella cheese, add dollops of ricotta cheese and sprinkle Pizza and Pasta Seasoning. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, garnish with fresh basil leaves and add some more Pizza and Pasta Seasoning, if required. Cut into desired pieces and serve.
Also Read - Mediterranean Focaccia
Shop these Italian pantry staples at your nearest gourmet grocery store or order them online via Swiggy or Zomato. For more updates on all things Italian, follow @sorrentina_honestlyitalian on Instagram