Genovese Pesto Salad
Toss up a Genovese Pesto Salad, a vibrant medley of fresh flavours that champions true Italian cuisine. This salad artfully combines the flavours of basil, sunflower seeds and Parmesan cheese of a true blue Genovese pesto with juicy ripe cherry tomatoes and creamy chunks of fresh mozzarella. Tossed together with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, this dish is sure to complete your Italian table!
Makes 4 portions
- 500 gms. Sorrentina Fusilli Pasta
- Salt to taste
- Olive oil to drizzle
- 100 gms. Sorrentina Basil Seed Pesto
- 10-15 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 6-8 olives, cut into quarters
- 1 tin chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 100 grams mozzarella cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ⅔ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- To blanch pasta, heat water, season it with salt and drizzle some olive oil. (please follow instructions printed on the pack). Make sure you reserve some of the pasta water for the sauce.
- Then drain and immediately rinse the pasta under cool water to prevent it from sticking together (you may drizzle some olive oil on top to avoid sticking to the pasta). Transfer the pasta to a large serving bowl.
- To assemble the pasta salad, toss our pesto sauce with the blanched and cooled pasta to evenly coat it. Add 2-3 spoons of the reserved pasta water to adjust consistency.
- Add cherry tomatoes, arugula, olives, chickpeas and hand torn mozzarella on top. Season with salt and pepper and toss again.
- Serve warm or chilled.