Chickpea Bruschetta With Sundried Tomato Pesto
Prep Time : 5 Minutes
Cooking Time : 60 Minutes
Serves : 2 people
There are endless options to topping bruschetta, and this recipe from our Italian kitchen is something you can whisk up in a jiffy, using a few simple, quality ingredients. Sorrentina's sourdough-like Whole Wheat Ciabatta Bread and chunky Sundried Tomato Pesto provide a scrumptious, tangy foil to create a flavour packed, healthy bruschetta that will delight everyone.
- 100g, Sorrentina’s Sundried Tomato Pesto
- 3 tbsps, Olive Oil
- 4 slices, Sorrentina’s Sourdough Ciabatta
- Salt and pepper – to season
- Water – for soaking and boiling
- Soak the chickpeas overnight in water.
- Cook the chickpeas in a pressure cooker for 5-6 whistles until it softens in salted water.
- Roughly mash them while they are hot and set aside.
- Toast slices of Ciabatta with olive oil.
- Spread the sundried tomato pesto on the slices and top it up with chickpeas
- Drizzle olive oil to serve.
Shop these Italian pantry staples at your nearest gourmet grocery store or order them online via Swiggy or Zomato. For more updates on all things Italian, follow @sorrentina_honestlyitalian on Instagram